Nandakishore

Sacred Space

Joseph Campbell said: "Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." This is my sacred space, in the midst of a jumble of books of no particular denomination in a cavernous dimly-lit library hall, whiling my time away among the musty pages while the world busy destroying itself outside. You are welcome, fellow reader, to share this space.

Italian Folktales
Italo Calvino
Gilead
Marilynne Robinson
A Fanatic Heart: Selected Stories
Stupid White Men - Michael Moore I read this book because I liked Fahrenheit 9/11, and because I share Moore's feelings towards George W. Bush. But the book proved to be highly speculative and unsatisfying, and left me suspecting Moore's genuinity, a feeling which was enhanced by watching the movies Bowling for Columbine and Sicko. He seems to edit facts and figures to prove his point, in his books as well as movies, just like any politician. His humour is also too cynical for my taste.

A humourist once wrote: "For the rose bush of satire, the laughter is the flower and the criticism, the thorn. Remember, the flower is the adornment for the bush, not the thorn." Moore's rose bush is almost all thorns.

However, I give it two stars because I think Moore fights a worthy cause.